title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp does not seem to "pick up" direct show codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashazard
    • Mar 2007

dBpoweramp does not seem to "pick up" direct show codec

Let me first say that I am a total nooblet when it comes to this software. My wife needs me to put some .AA files on her Gen 1 DJ and everywhere I look online seems to point here for the conversion.

I have followed the instructions that have been repeated over and over here, but for some reason the DirectShow codec does not seem to be recognized by dBpowerAMP. I installed dBpowerAMP and then the DirectShow codec, I then configured the codec by putting .aa in the text file, then I ran the dBpowerAMP configuration, but DirectShow does not show up.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Do I simply need to register my copy of dBpowerAMP?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: dBpoweramp does not seem to "pick up" direct show codec

No, registration won't affect a codec you installed not showing up.

The DirectShow Decoder itself isn't showing up in dBpoweramp Configuration? You are using dMC r12, correct? You installed the DirectShow codec from the beta section of this forum? Did you install dMC and the codec as an administrator?

Comment

• ashazard
      • Mar 2007

Re: dBpoweramp does not seem to "pick up" direct show codec

Looks like the install was corrupted. I uninstalled everything and ran through the process again. Had to purchase/register the Lame MP3 Converter to make it work, but it appears all is well now.

I'll post after the conversion is complete and let you guys know.

Comment

Working...

]]>