title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

installing order

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeZ
    • Aug 2005

installing order

I have just reformatted xp and want to install dBpoweramp components in the best advisable order, which one's i need or don't need.
    the files i have are -

dMC-r11 (184Mb)
    dMCr11.5rc2 (194Mb)
    dMC-r11-Registered (Sveta fully loaded) (187Mb)
    dBpowerAMP-r2 (193Mb)
    SvetaPortableAudio-r4 (2.19)
    SvetaPortableAudio-Unregistered-r5 (2.49Mb)

also have codecs and portable plugins to install.

my system is Intel, with zonealarm, avg and anti-virus.

thanks
    Mike
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: installing order

First, I'll expand on the process described here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm

Go to http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/ and download the newest copy of your Sveta fully loaded. Install that on your machine.
    Download the latest dAP beta from the link in my signature below.

If you want, send an e-mail to http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm requesting a registered installation of dMC r12. Put your order number, name, and date of order in the e-mail.
    If you decide to install r12, make sure you install it to a different folder than dMC r11.5, dAP, and Sveta. Also, do NOT uninstall the old version it detects.

Comment

• MikeZ
      • Aug 2005

thanks Lt.

downloaded those alright. So the SvetaPortableAudio-Registered-r5-FL and the dBpowerAMP-r3-beta6 cover everything i need right?

then install the latest codecs and portable plugin drivers next.

then the dMC-r12-Registered if i choose to update the dMC a bit later? ..'over the top' (but different folder)

C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp-r12 (example) or
      C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp-r12

and will this give me two working versions from the right click menu to convert tracks or will the new dMC-12 take over?

thank you
      Mike

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

Looks like you have downloaded everything that you need and are correctly in everthing that you have posted. dMC-12 will definitely override the legacy dMC convert to right click menu option.

If I had to reinstall everything what you have posted is how I would go about it.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

One more thing:
          You will need to get codecs from the Legacy Codec Central for dMC r11.5, Sveta, and dAP. dMC r12 gets it codecs from the main Codec Central.

Comment

• MikeZ
            • Aug 2005

thanks Wayne + Lt.

installed everything okay. Those updated links are good updates on the previous versions i was using. Really like the software and what dBpoweramp have been doing over the years. your support has been excellent to. Look forward to seeing the new additions in the future.

I'll install the legacy codecs for what i need Lt.

thanks for the help
            Mike

Comment

Working...

]]>