title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Enabling C2 crashes XP when ripping starts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JetA1
    • Mar 2007

Enabling C2 crashes XP when ripping starts

Hi,

I just bought dMC Reference to use mainly for DAE.
    I use a Plextor PX-W1210A drive for extraction, and burst mode works fine as well as secure mode with FUA enabled.

However, when I enable C2 XP freezes as soon as the ripping starts and the computer has to be reset. There are no errors in the event log.
    Ripping in EAC with C2 enabled works fine.

Do you have any idea as to what could be causing this?

Regards,
    Peter
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Enabling C2 crashes XP when ripping starts

Under the Options button in the "CD ROM" section, what is the communication set?
    Are you sure your CD drive is set to DMA mode in the Device Manager? See here to check: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...newpost&t=4619

Comment

• JetA1
      • Mar 2007

Communication is set to "SCSI Pass Through", I have admin privileges on the user account.

The transfer mode is "Multi-word DMA 2". The Plextor is the only device on the IDE busses, it is set as master on the primary channel.

Regards,
      Peter

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Try updating the drive's firmware from Plextor's website.

The transfer mode should be "UDMA" or "Ultra DMA". Why it is set to Multi-Word is odd. Check your BIOS setting, mabye.

Comment

• JetA1
          • Mar 2007

The firmware is already the latest (1.10). However, I discovered an undocumented jumper on my Plextor drive that apparently enables UDMA.

The transfer mode is now "Ultra DMA 2" and secure ripping works with C2 enabled!

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
          Peter

Comment

Working...

]]>