title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rating values changed in conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seamus
    • Mar 2007

Rating values changed in conversion

I'm a new user to dppowerAMP, using R12 on XP (sp2). I've run into an issue when doing a bulk conversion of FLAC tracks to mp3. The rating tags are modified rather than being copied as per the FLAC tag's value. Is there a way to prevent this field from being changed? If so, how is it done? I couldn't find an option for it.

I didn't realize this was happening until after the bulk conversion, which took 40 hours, was completed. :( . On the positive side, this is half the time that it use to take with a different program.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Rating values changed in conversion

Can you give examples please?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Seamus
      • Mar 2007

I use MediaMonkey as a music player on my computer. It assigns ratings from 0 to 5 stars in 1/2 star increments. Each half star has a value of 10 in the tags, with the numbers going from 0 to 100. A one star track has a value of 20 in the tag.

After the conversion, every track that had at least a 1/2 star rating has had its tag changed by dbpowerAMP to a fixed value of 4.5. I'm reading the values for the FLAC and mp3 files from the dbpowerAMP tooltip.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The problem is for FLAC there is no rating standard, MM just uses 0-100, another program might use 0-5, another 0-10. For mp3 there is a standard, which is 0-10 off the top of my head.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>