title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Core Converter Crash

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colokie
    • Mar 2007

Core Converter Crash

I have checked the other threads on this subject and tried the solutions I found but I'm still having the same problem.

I have a total of 86 Mp3 files that I want to convert from 128bps to 32bps (sufficient for audio books). All but 3 files will convert just fine but these 3 files produce a "CoreConverter.exe has encountered an error and needs to close". I am using Windows XP Pro SP2 and dBpoweramp 12 (with LAME 3.97). I have run the registry file to switch on Professional Frequency conversion and I do not have the priority set to high.

I was able to convert the 3 files using a different program (Alt MP3 Bitrate Converter) with no problem at all.

Any ideas? If you want, I will send you one of the problem files to check & see if it will convert for you.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Core Converter Crash

You are converting from stereo, 44100Hz 128kbps files to 32kbps files? What frequency and channels are you using for the end-result?

Can you individually convert the 3 files? Where did the files come from? How long are they?

Also, moved to dMC Support.

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

There is an FAQ about a bug in dMC R12 that arises in trying to use Professional Frequency conversion to force changes in channels or frequency. See the first post in this thread here:
      Mp3 Lame Encoder: Forcing Frequency or Channels (on advanced) can crash CoreConverter Affected: Release 12.0 Fixed in R12.1 http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Hope this helps.
      Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

xoas: colokie said they already ran the registry file regarding that.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

On vista you have to run it twice for some reason...
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• colokie
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by LtData
            You are converting from stereo, 44100Hz 128kbps files to 32kbps files? What frequency and channels are you using for the end-result?

Can you individually convert the 3 files? Where did the files come from? How long are they?

Also, moved to dMC Support.
            Yes, stereo-44100Hz-128bps to 32kbps files is what I'm doing.

The original mp3 files were given to me by a friend of mine & were taken from an audio book. All 86 files are Bitrate: 128 kbps; Channels: stereo; Samplerate: 4100; Encoder: LAME 3.92. The 3 files that produce the error using dBPoweramp 12were 3816 kb, 4121 kb, & 3363 kb long

For the end-result I am using dBpoweramp Music Converter 12 with the Lame 3.97 default settings of Freq: as source & Channels: auto, and bitrate of 32kbps(CBR).

Like I said before, 83 files in the group converted with no problem but files 7, 9 & 10 of the group produced the core converter error and I ran the registry file to switch on Professional Frequency conversion and I do not have the priority set to high. (I am Windows XP Pro SP2)

I did try converting them individually & got the same error. However I was able to convert the 3 files using a different program (Alt MP3 Bitrate Converter) with no problem at all.

This is not currently critical for me as I now have all of the files converted to 32kbps. I just really like dBpoweramp 12 ... it is a great program with all the features I need ... but I don't want to run into the same problem later if I can help it.
            Last edited by colokie; March 10, 2007, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• xoas
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2002

The original mp3 files were given to me by a friend of mine & were taken from an audio book. All 86 files are Bitrate: 128 kbps; Channels: stereo; Samplerate: 4100; Encoder: LAME 3.92. The 3 files that produce the error using dBPoweramp 12were 3816 kb, 4121 kb, & 3363 kb long
              Were these file sizes fairly typical of the file sizes of the other files that did convert OK?

Could there be some tag element common to these 3 files that might cause your crash?

Have you tried converting these files without tags to help confirm whether or not tag information might be an issue? You can do this in dMC r12 using the Id Tag Processing DSP to remove some or (for screening purposes I would recommend) all tag information. DSPs forr r12 are in the Beta section of the forum I believe.

Best wishes,
              Bill

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

If you have 3 files which fail consitantly please email them:

Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• colokie