title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unrippable tracks on clean discs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Unrippable tracks on clean discs

I have been re-ripping hundreds of discs both to cont testing R12 more fully and because I like having the accuraterip results in the tags. One thing I am noticing is that I frequently am coming across tracks that do not rip accurately w/ r12, despite full error correction, ect (turning off and on C2). The thing is most of these discs are in mint to near mint condition. In addition, simply switching to my other drive (either way, some have problems in one) fixes the problem 100% of the time.

WinXP Pro SP1
    1GB Ram
    Plextor PX-712SA
    Plextor Premium

Let me know what other details may help.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unrippable tracks on clean discs

So the CD is in AccurateRip and that is how you determine if the rip is ok? does the ripper go all ultra passes without find any errors?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

I have had it both find errors, then put it in the second drive and rip on first pass with confirmation by AR.

I have also had it go through Ultra-Secure, not match AR, but say the rip was secure. I knew this was not likely the case that the 1 or 2 tracks were not in AR because the all of the other tracks had high confidence levels in AR. Ripping in the second drive would rip on first pass with confirmation by AR.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

If your having a drive that is saying an entire CD is inaccurate but a different drive say it is, there are one of two possibilities I can think of:
        1. AccurateRip is misconfigured
        2. Your drive has dropped to PIO Mode. See here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...newpost&t=4619

Comment

• EliC
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

No, the problem tends to only be on 1-2 tracks and has been occurring on about 1/10 discs on average at an equal rate on both drives.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Using c2 pointers?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

As I noted above I have tried this both with and without C2 pointers. It does not seem to be completely random as re-ripping the tracks in question in the same drive has the same results, though they rip perfectly in the second drive.

Comment

Working...

]]>