title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audio CD ripping to mp3 problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beinnoran
    • Mar 2007

Audio CD ripping to mp3 problem

Have just registered and installed dBpoweramp on my pc which is running under Windows98SE. Am trying to rip an audio cd to mp3 lame. Everything appears to be fine until the very end of the first track when it reaches 99% encoding at which point it stalls. The elapsed time for the rip continues to run on however. I get an MSDOS window appearing during the process entitled CoreConverter which doesn't seem to do anything. Is this normal? Any suggestions as to what might be causing the problem would be appreciated.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Audio CD ripping to mp3 problem

Try ripping the CD to WAV, does this work? Did you install the Win98 System updates? http://www.dbpoweramp.com/Windows95-Update.htm

Also, what version are you using? dMC r12? Version numbers are in the Start Menu under Programs --> dBpoweramp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dBpoweramp Configuration.

Comment

• beinnoran
      • Mar 2007

Have tried ripping to wav and the same thing happens. Already have these Windows 98 system updates installed. Am using version dMC R12. Anything else anyone can suggest?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Try disabling ID tagging (CD Ripper --> Options --> ID Tag Writing Options --> Check "Disable ID Tag Writing". Can you rip now?

Comment

• beinnoran
          • Mar 2007

Tried disabling ID tagging as suggested but still no success. Is there anyone who is using Windows 98SE who can confirm they have been able to rip a complete cd to mp3 tracks without experiencing the same as myself.

Not only the problem with ripping but am having no luck converting between file formats either. Each time I try to convert I get an illegal operation error message window appearing for musicconverter. Beginning to think I've wasted the money purchasing the licence as nothing seems to work. Never had any problems with my old freeware version.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Try a total uninstall and then reinstalling everything, as described here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828

Comment

Working...

]]>