title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Adding a codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bellandbottle
    • Mar 2007

Adding a codec

I am a brand new user, and I cannot seem to add a necessary codec to convert from WMA to write to an audio CD.

I have downloaded a codec file, but the CD writer does not seem to recognise what I have done. I am stuck in a loop, with the writer asking for the codec every time I access the program.

I would appreciate some guidance.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Adding a codec

If you are trying to install a codec for dCW, there are a few important matters:
    First, you have to have dMC r11.5 installed. Version numbers are in dMC/dBpoweramp Configuration, located in the Start Menu under Programs --> dBpoweramp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC/dBpoweramp Configuration. If you are using version r12 instead of version r11.5 and want to have both, see here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm
    Next, you need to install the WMA codec from Legacy Codec Central. The link is in Codec Central just above the codec lists. Then check dMC Configuration under "Installed Decoders" and "Installed Encoders" to make sure it is recognized.
    Last edited by LtData; 03-02-2007, 12:05 PM. Reason: fixed URL

Comment

• bellandbottle
      • Mar 2007

Many thanks for the quick reply - much appreciated.

This morning I have been up, and then down!

I was on the trial version (11) and followed your directions to download 11.5. I then downloaded the WMA codec and installed it. Everything worked a treat, and the choir is very happy (I am ripping from a cassette tape to my MP3 player to get the WMA file, and then writing to disk) as there is a Womens' World day of prayer today.

I was so impressed that I pressed the "buy" button and downloaded the registered version - 12. I downloaded the codec for that and did a trial run, using the writer, only to get

Unknown command line: <uselast settings> <skip finished>

The link you gave me is to a discussion on Flac 7, and not to running 11.5 and 12 together.

Can you tell me what to do to get back to the situation where I can do what I did this morning?
      Last edited by bellandbottle; 03-02-2007, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It appears you might have purchased Music Converter, not the CD Writer, anyhow drop me an email with your order number:

Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

Have you tried the advice in the Compatibility guide?
          (See: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm )

Best wishes,
          Bill

Comment

• bellandbottle
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
            It appears you might have purchased Music Converter, not the CD Writer, anyhow drop me an email with your order number:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm
            I have mailed my order number - thanks for your help :komisch9: .

Comment

• bellandbottle
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by xoas
              Have you tried the advice in the Compatibility guide?
              (See: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm )

Best wishes,
              Bill
              I can see what I have done now :blush: , I will try to work my way out of the maze this evening!

Comment

• bellandbottle
                • Mar 2007

Update: I have uninstalled poweramp 12 and gone back to 11.5, and everything is as it was. :komisch9: .

I guess I need to register the CD writer now?

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Since you just purchased the PowerPack, then yes you need to purchase the CD Writer.

Comment

• bellandbottle
                    • Mar 2007

I have done as you suggest. I have found why I made a mistake - when I hit CD writer registration, I was taken to a page with Converter as the first item. Writer is not on the screen and much lower down.

I am assuming that I do not have to purchase 11.5 in addition?

I have to say that I find the transaction process a little confusing.
                    Last edited by bellandbottle; 03-02-2007, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

Unfortunately, the only CD Writer package currently offered is a package that includes the CD Writer and the PowerPack, which you have already purchased. As for what you do, I would wait for Spoon's response regarding if you can purchase the CD Writer separately, or get the PowerPack refunded and then purchase CD Writer or something else.

Comment

• bellandbottle
                        • Mar 2007

Right now, I have purchased both in order to make sure that I can do what needs to be done for the choir.

Comment

Working...

]]>