title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

"reference" users vote here for mutiple cpu control

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TarkusShakti
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2005

"reference" users vote here for mutiple cpu control

I am experiencing problems related to the multiple cpus feature of the "reference" edition. There are others who are also experiencing problems with this feature.

Spoon seems unwilling to provide this feature???

Pls share your feelings regarding this feature here and maybe we can convince Spoon to correct this issue.

TS
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: "reference" users vote here for mutiple cpu control

I have not said I am unwilling to provide the feature, infact it is already planned for R13.

(the inclusion of this feature would not effect the memory usage of CD ripper).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TarkusShakti
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
      I have not said I am unwilling to provide the feature, infact it is already planned for R13.
      You are correct that you haven't out-right said you wouldn't. I said "it seems" because you appear reluctant (until now) to make any comment regarding this issue. And when R13 comes out, will I have to pay for the upgrade?

If I'm only ripping/converting one track at a time, I won't use less memory? How is this possible?

TS

Comment

• Teknojnky
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2006

I think the whole ram and cpu usage is blown out of proportion.

Reference works fine for me on both single core laptop and a dual core amd 4800 and few other computers I've tried it with.

Set the cpu to idle and it does not affect your other applications.

If the rip process (not encode process) is bogging you down, then your probably having the infamous dma/pio mode problems. If windows put your drive pio mode then it will bog down your system.

All that said, I don't think it's something that should be put off for r13, I mean for real the feature is already present in the non-reference version.

And yes you will have to pay for the r13 reference upgrade as well, I've also expressed my utter dis-satisfaction with the whole reference requiring paid upgrade thing.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

There will be a small fee to upgrade from r12 Reference to r13 reference, yes.

Comment

• TarkusShakti
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jul 2005

If I'm only ripping/converting one track at a time, I won't use less memory? How is this possible?

TS

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Install the non reference version and check its usage ripping cds, should be exactly the same.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>