title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converting .rm music files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petwolfe
    • Feb 2007

converting .rm music files

Got a load of music from a Chinese friend but most of it was in.RM fileformat...Could play it on the VCL Media Player....but I have used most of the exisiting RM to MP3 conversion-software without getting MP3's....normal 9Mb files appear in 2 or 3 Kb files, and no music at all...? How can one convert these files? :teufel8:
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: converting .rm music files

If you are using dMC r11.5, see the instructions here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy/cod...directshow.htm

If you are using dMC r12, there is not a way to convert real audio files currently.

Comment

• Petwolfe
      • Feb 2007

using dmC 11.5 but there is NOTHING about converting .RM to MP3 there, sorry :D

once again I can listen to them on the VCL Media Player but I cant convert them into normal MP3 files!!!!!!!
      Last edited by Petwolfe; 02-27-2007, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Ahem. From my link:
        Real Audio: Download 'Real Alternative' from http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1054136293/1 (or search in Google for Real Alternative) add .ra .rpm .rm .ram .rmvb all on separate lines to Configure DirectShow Decoder
        There are your instructions of how to convert .ra, .rm, etc to whatever format you want, mp3 included

Comment

• Petwolfe
          • Feb 2007

cool, thanks, was misunderstanding, as soon as I see something about a new player, especially connected to RM, I freak out.

Yes the .rm files can be converted to mp3's, but they still not play in WMP nor can they be burned so one gets a sound from a cdplayer afterwards....."unknown error" says my CD player (normal cd player, niot the PC one)

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Can you play the .rm files in Windows Media Player after you installed Real Alternative?

Comment

• Petwolfe
              • Feb 2007

".....but they still not play in WMP nor can they be burned..."
              as said before......error file, cant play...(WMP=Windows Media Player)...but it plays nicely in the VCL Media Player as said before :D

Comment

• Wayne
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Aug 2002

I think Lt Data was trying to ascertain whether or not Real alternative was installed properly. After installing Real Alternative WMP should be able to play unprotected .rm files.

Can you play the converted (mp3) files?

Comment

• Petwolfe
                  • Feb 2007

see quote..... :yawn:

Comment

Working...

]]>