title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Where is the Power Pack?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vc1060
    • Feb 2007

Where is the Power Pack?

I just need an answer about the Power Pack. I have dBPowerAmp 12. I've checked the dBPowerAmp configuration and it shows that the Mp3 Licence and Power Pack are registered. I know how to right click and convert etc...but where is the Power Pack? (ie. Trim, Fade, Volume Normalization etc)? :( Am I missing out on something?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Where is the Power Pack?

They are under DSP effects, currently many are missing (about 50% of the effects are written, the other 50% are being written now).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Watch the language
      While I do feel that r12 may have been released a little early, there is a good reason for it: dMC r12 works under vista while r11.5 does not work very well under Vista.

Also, the CD ripper is leaps and bounds better than the one in r11.5.

Comment

• pagey57
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by vc1060
        I just need an answer about the Power Pack. I have dBPowerAmp 12. I've checked the dBPowerAmp configuration and it shows that the Mp3 Licence and Power Pack are registered. I know how to right click and convert etc...but where is the Power Pack? (ie. Trim, Fade, Volume Normalization etc)? :( Am I missing out on something?
        I have the same problem
        will I get powerpack with a future update
        I feel a bit cheated

Comment

• Tomb
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jun 2003

Out of interest what doesn't work under Vista?

How many people are actually using Vista right now and was it worth rushing the release out with so many features missing in order to meet the Vista launch? I guess it is not many and it will be a year at least before people start to make the move, if they do at all. I have never seen these boards so busy.

Personally I too feel V12 was rushed and I am surprised so much functionality is missing from 11.5 which I have also reverted back too. I guess like Vista, v12 needs a while to mature.

Additionally previous threads have reported that the powerpack is a free upgrade or have I mis-read that?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

The PowerPack purchase entitles you to free upgrades for the life of the PowerPack product. So yes, you get free upgrades to all future PowerPack versions.

Comment

• TarkusShakti
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Tomb
              How many people are actually using Vista right now and was it worth rushing the release out with so many features missing in order to meet the Vista launch? I guess it is not many and it will be a year at least before people start to make the move, if they do at all. I have never seen these boards so busy.

Personally I too feel V12 was rushed and I am surprised so much functionality is missing from 11.5 which I have also reverted back too.
              I agree with what Tomb has to say. The problem was made worst by the removal of R11.5 from the download page.

I had some problems with R12 and I asked for access to the R11.5 download; while they never denied me access - they didn't give me access either. I couldn't rip for approximately a week, while the issue was being resolved.

[Future note to self: don't upgrade if you don't have access to the previous installer!] :smile2:

TS

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

dMC r11.5 has always been available on this page: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

There is always going to be missing bits on a complete rewrite - put it this way if we were not to release R12 until everything was compatible with it (including the audio player) you would not see it for 3 years, that is not joking. DSP effects will be finished in about 2 weeks, perhaps a little bit longer.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sethm
                    • Feb 2007

How does one uninstall 12
                    Then install (re-install)11.5 along with the Power Pack?

And after uninstall 12 do I completely delete the folder - c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\
                    Then install 11.5 ?

Thx

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

Answered here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...0515#post60515

Comment

Working...

]]>