title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Is WMA Lossless reliable in v12?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agrajag
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2005

Is WMA Lossless reliable in v12?

I'm having difficulty with some of my external devices living with lossless compression that isn't WMA (I own a few devices that support WMA natively so that format would be easiest for me).

As you know I have various problems with tags and such with WMA 9 loseless. You mentioned a while back that this was being re-written for v12 and that it might be better this time around.

Do you feel that it's solid enough to use for just about everything? I'm using APE now but none of these devices can work with APE or the other options so my only other choice for ease of use is MP3 which would result in my having two copies of all songs (I uses lossless for archival purposes as well).
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Is WMA Lossless reliable in v12?

If you have ot use it, you have to use it. But WMA has no error detection internally, only the Verify option after encoding will ensure the file has no errors.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Agrajag
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2005

Re: Is WMA Lossless reliable in v12?

Hehehe. Your love for WMA comes through loud and clear.

I really wish MS could do something like this right for a change or at least finally support others efforts so that we can all benefit.

I can dream right?

Comment

Working...

]]>