title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AAC, iTunes, and Network Sharing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaptainBG1
    • Feb 2007

AAC, iTunes, and Network Sharing

Ok, this sounds really odd, but I am going to be as accurate as possible:

I use dbPoweramp to convert audio into AAC format (m4a) for iTunes and my iPod. And on my main PC it works beautifully. iTunes has a nifty network feature that allows you to share your iTunes library with any other computer running iTunes on the network (very cool). Strangely enough, iTunes refuses to stream only the files I've created with dbPoweramp. It streams to other computers mp3's, waves, and AAC's (only those created by iTunes itself) but AAC files created with dbPoweramp simply will not share over the network. iTunes on the client computers doesn't give an error message per se, but only shows the little 'grey circle exclamation point thing' which indicates under normal circumstances that the file cannot be found, i.e. it's been moved (I confirmed this with Apple Tech Support). iTunes on the host computer has no problem whatsoever playing any of the afore mentioned files. So as I'm sure you can imagine I'm about ready to pull my hair out. Anyone have any input? Much appreciated!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: AAC, iTunes, and Network Sharing

Try running the m4a optimize utility codec on it. It is located in the m4a/AAC codec thread in the beta section of this forum.

Comment

• CaptainBG1
      • Feb 2007

Re: AAC, iTunes, and Network Sharing

It worked! OMG this has been such a pain in the ass! Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...

]]>