title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dMC Auxiliary Input

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jase
    • Feb 2007

dMC Auxiliary Input

Hi all,
    Im trying to get my record collection onto my pc
    and im using "dMC Auxiliary Input" to do so.
    The prob i have is that i can only record in .wav format
    which makes each track huge, for example i recorded one tonite
    which is 4.20 mins long and its 43 odd meg !
    I have tried to set it to record as mp3 lame but it tells me i have
    to purchase a licence to do this.
    When i go to register, the link it sends me to doesnt exist..
    "http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc-power-register.htm"
    How do i get the mp3 pack ?
    Any advice would be much appreciated :komisch9:
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: dMC Auxiliary Input

There are a few options.
    I assume that you have dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter) r11.5 or an earlier version. I assume yoou do not have the Power Pack but that you may have had a version of the Power Pack at least on a trial basis.

Here are your options:
    1. Continue to use your current version of dMC and use a different codec (such as wma or ogg vorbis for a more compressed file, or Monkeys or FLAC or WavPack for lossless compression that will be smaller than the wav files you are creating). If you do not have these codecs, they are available free from Legacy Codec Central. These do not require the Power Pack. You will find these codecs here:

Please note, the Codecs that are currently available in Codec Central are for dMC r12 only. They will not work with earlier versions of dMC.

2. If you have not had a trial version of the Power Pack before, download and install dMC r12. Do NOT uninstall your current version of dMC (r12 does not yet have Auxilary Input). You may download the basic version and get a a fully functional version of the Power Pack to try for 30 days. This will contain the .mp3 encoder codec.

3. If you have registered your Power Pack with dMC for your current version, you are entitled to a free upgrade to r12 with the Power Pack (but still do not uninstall your current version of dMC).

3. If you have had a trial of the Power Pack and the trial expired and you never registered the Power Pack before, you will need to purchase a registered version of the Power Pack. This can be found here:

(I did check this link and it did work for me).
    Please note: It is my understanding that you can only purchase a registered Power Pack for dMC r12 at this point. (Again, do not uninstall your current version of dMC).

Hope this helps,
    Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Actually, you can download either dMC r11.5 OR dMC r12 registered from the Registered link retrieval. However, if it is a new purchase, it may be different (I purchased the PowerPack 2 years ago).

Comment

• jase
        • Feb 2007

Thanks for the advice :smile2:
        My version was never registered as i didnt really use it that much.
        How would i find out what version i am running ?
        I have looked all over the applications and i cant find it..im probably
        being blind :blush:
        So if i download the latest version and register and get the powerpack
        will the powerpack be recognised by the older version containing Auxiliary Input,allowing me to record as mp3 ?

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Version numbers are in dBpoweramp Configuration (or, in your case, dMC Configuration) located at Start --> Programs --> dBpoweramp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dBpoweramp Configuration.

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

So if i download the latest version and register and get the powerpack
            will the powerpack be recognised by the older version containing Auxiliary Input,allowing me to record as mp3 ?
            I do know that if you purchase a registered version of dMC r12 (with the Power Pack), and if you follow the compatibility instructions for the dB Audio Player, or CD Writer, or Sveta, then you will end up with separate installations of dMC r12 and your earlier version of dMC. You would use the earlier version of dMC to record to wave using Auxiliary Input and use your registered version of r12 to convert those wave files to .mp3.

This would be temporary until an upgraded version of r12 is released which contains Auxiliary Input. At that time you could let dMC r12 do all the work.

If LtData is right, you could register dMC r11.5 and use that Power Pack and use just the one program to record either directly to mp3 with Auxiliary Input or (preferred) to record to wave with Auxiliary Input and convert the .wave files to .mp3. As a registered user of dMC r11.5, you would be able to upgrade to dMC r12 (or later versions) registered with the Power Pack for free. So you could wait and upgrade once a version of dMC r12 is available with Auxiliary Input and you could get by with just the one program.

Best wishes,
            Bill

Comment

• jase
              • Feb 2007

Thank you guys very much for the speedy responses. :smile2:
              I have checked my vers and it is 11.5.
              I will try downloading the powerpack and hopefully it will work
              with 11.5 allowing me to record as mp3.
              Just out of curiosity why doesnt the latest vers contain
              Auxiliary Input ?

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Aux Input has to be updated to work with r12 and it hasn't yet. Currently, work is being done to port codecs to r12, along with the DSP effects.

Comment

Working...

]]>