title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problems with AMG Composer Data

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sheld
    • Feb 2007

Problems with AMG Composer Data

I've installed the dbpoweramp Trial Version. When I try to get the information tags from AMG for an album, especially the composer data, I only get composer data from some tracks, even though there's data for all tracks on the AMG site.
    We tried this with several CD's. Do we have this problem because of the trial version, or perhaps because of the firewall (zone alarm)?
    Is there any solution?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problems with AMG Composer Data

No, it is the way AMG is - there are blanks, sometimes you see it for artist on compilation cds, atleast with artist you can use freedb to fill be blanks, no such luck for composers.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sheld
      • Feb 2007

Thanks Spoon for the quick answer. But those tracks which get no composer data have no blanks on the AMG site. There's composer data for all tracks of the album, but only about 60% of the tracks are transfered including the composer. Sometimes the composer date on AMG is written like this: name, name, name..., and sometimes like this: name/name/name... Could this be the problem?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Just for multiple composers?, it should not cause problems.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sheld
          • Feb 2007

Thanks for your answer. We've made two screenshots to show you the problem in detail. For each one we've selected the same album but with different results in the composer data tag. On the allmusic.com-Screenshot you find all composer information for any one of the tracks. But in the dbpoweramp-CdRipper there are only some tracks with composer information.

The url with the screenshots is:

Screenshots

Maybe there is a solution for that?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

I have asked AMG to comment on this, it does like there are two seperate databases - the better one seems to be for the web site, not the disc lookup.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>