title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

secure rip and accurate rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pcalv
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Feb 2007

secure rip and accurate rip

Hi

I am ripping some cds to flac. I have found a problem with a few cds which are found in accurate rip. Most tracks will rip fine but sometimes one track might not match accurate rip but is still reported as secure .
    I just found it a bit strange that most of tracks on a cd could match accurate rip but not all yet it is still seen as a secure rip.

Could someone explain?

Thanks
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: secure rip and accurate rip

See here for how the secure CD ripper works: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm

This is also explained in the help that dMC installs on your computer.
    Last edited by LtData; February 13, 2007, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• pcalv
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Feb 2007

Thanks for the reply.
      I had read that page before. I just wanted to know if it was usual for a cd to be found in accurate rip but when ripped just one song didn't match. If it's still rips as secure, can this be trusted despite not matching accurate rip?
      Thanks

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

From the CD ripper help, showing a "x" for AR and a "i" and "Secure":
        Your ripping result disagrees with 12 other peoples rips, the green i indicates that frames had to be re-ripped, possibly and undetected error has slipped through. It is probable if all the tracks from AccurateRip disagree with your rip then the CD is a different pressing.

Comment

• benintune
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LtData
          From the CD ripper help, showing a "x" for AR and a "i" and "Secure":
          I recently ripped a few Sinatra CDs that showed a red x for AR but ripped securely for all tracks so I am assuming this was a different pressing. Will this pressing eventually be supported by AR or will it always show inaccurate rip? In other words if I try to rip it again 6 months from now is it a good possibility it will be recognized by AR? Or can there be only one standard version?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Submit your pressing and it should show up in about 2-3 months.

Comment

Working...

]]>