title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Question about the "green i" with c2 enabled

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • csiron
    • Feb 2007

Question about the "green i" with c2 enabled

I'm concerned by the green i notation when I'm ripping discs that are not in Accuraterip.

The help information says, "The green i indicates that frames had to be re-ripped, possibly and [sic, by the way] undetected error has slipped through."

With c2 enabled, is there really a concern that undetected errors have gone through?

If undetected errors could be slipping through, obviously this is a problem when I'm ripping a disc and five of 21 tracks come back with this report.

Thank you for any insight into this
    Last edited by csiron; February 13, 2007, 02:57 PM.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Question about the "green i" with c2 enabled

See here for how the CD ripper functions: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Ultra Secure Ripping was created so that the track can be scanned many times, c2 can allow errors through, how many depends on its implementation.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• csiron
        • Feb 2007

I understand. Obviously the switch-over from EAC is requiring a little adjustment in thinking. With EAC, of course, you sort of trick yourself into thinking you're getting perfect rips every time even though you might not be -- unless of course, you're paranoid and fear you're never getting perfect rips and don't know it.

R12 has led me to get a new drive, a Plextor PX-755UF, in addition to my other two.

Now I'm developing a new approach to reripping these "problem" tracks on several different drives.

So far I've had only one track out of the first 50 discs (some of them particular problem discs, by the way, for testing purposes) that I haven't been able to get a green check mark on at least one drive.

For what it's worth, I'm definitely feeling more "secure" in my archiving now.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...

]]>