title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Creating MP3 tags from WAVs/folders?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NameTaken
    • Feb 2007

Creating MP3 tags from WAVs/folders?

I have all my music in WAV format stored on an external hard drive. The folders are like this: Music\WAV\Artist\Album\# Song.wav

I am using dBpowerAMP to convert all my WAVs to LAME MP3s. I will retain everything the same except instead of Music\WAV it will be Music\MP3. Is itpossible to take the folder names and use that to create the MP3 tags and place them in the correct spot? I am using batch convert. For example I have: Fall of Troy\Doppelgänger\11 Macaulay McCulkin.wav. Could I make dbpowerAMP automatically convert this to MP3\Fall of Troy\Doppelgänger\11 Macaulay McCulkin.mp3?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Creating MP3 tags from WAVs/folders?

There was a Utility codec for dMC r11.5 called "Tag from Filename" that would do just the fuction you mention. Also, dMC r12 Reference includes a feature called "dynamic naming" that can give you the function of the second request. However, the "Tag from Filename" codec hasn't been released for r12 just yet.

Comment

• NameTaken
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LtData
      There was a Utility codec for dMC r11.5 called "Tag from Filename" that would do just the fuction you mention. Also, dMC r12 Reference includes a feature called "dynamic naming" that can give you the function of the second request. However, the "Tag from Filename" codec hasn't been released for r12 just yet.
      The dynamic naming feature does not work with my folders.

Thanks, I'll look into other programs.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

>The dynamic naming feature does not work with my folders.

In what way?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• NameTaken
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
          >The dynamic naming feature does not work with my folders.

In what way?
          I assume the dynamic naming uses tags to put the files in the correct place? Well WAVs do not have tags, and when it converts to MP3 it doesn't know what to put as file names and tags so it just leaves things blank.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Use [origpath]\[origfilename] or something along those lines.

Comment

Working...

]]>