title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How secure is secure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spintab
    • Feb 2007

How secure is secure

I'm curious how secure the CD Ripper actually is. For example, when it has to rerip samples how does it go about this? Does it simply rerip them once and hope that they are right or is there some sort of check to make sure the samples are correct? I really like this ripper because it will convert directly to ALAC and preserve tags along the way but I'm curious if a program like (sorry to name drop alternate programs) Exact Audio Copy would be considerably more secure. I understand that Accuraterip does a pretty good job of this but what about the albums that are not in the Accurate rip database.
  • gaillard
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2006

Re: How secure is secure

This is the most secure ripper to date, actually its perfect, I have not been able to deceive it once with my 708a plextor (a drive without GOOD c2 detection will not be perfect however). If you go to the beta forum and look at the technology preview, spoon when he first wrote it explained everything. Also, this is the only ripper that surpasses EAC for EAC's lack of re reads with c2 and using c2 for the re reads, not to mention the nice interpolation in spoons ripper. But that is all I know, I am sure there are many other differences.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

See here for specifics on how the new Secure CD ripper works: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm

Comment

• spintab
        • Feb 2007

Cool, thanks for the quick replies. I hadn't seen a couple posts in the beta forum I guess I should have. All sounds very good.

Comment

Working...

]]>