title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DirectShow decoder not listed in configurator

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ipodder
    • Feb 2007

DirectShow decoder not listed in configurator

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this is a repeated question but I searched the forums and couldn't find any similar situation.
    I downloaded dbpoweramp music converter, installed DirectShow codec, RealAlternative and then I editted config file of directshow and added .rm and .ram

When I run dmc configuration, there is no DirectShow decoder in the codec installed.. I don't know why dMC does not recognize DirectShow codec at all. I have latest version of DirectX and dMC. Real audio files play on Windows Media Player without any error.

Thanks,
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: DirectShow decoder not listed in configurator

If you are running dMC (dBpoweramp Music Converter) r12, it does not yet have a DirectShow codec. This should be available shortly.

Until then, you can use dMC r11.5 with the legacy DirectShow codec (properly configured with RealAlternative, etc). Follow the link for the legacy codecs at Codec Central. Please note that no legacy codecs work with dMC r12, you must have dMC r11.5 or earlier to use them.

If you are using dMC r11.5 and you have downloaded and installed the DirectShow codec, please tell us what you have done to configure the DirectShow codec to play RealAudio files.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• ipodder
      • Feb 2007

Hi xoas,

I really appreciate your fast response,you are correct, I do have dMC r12 . But where can I download version 11.5 is there an official link for it ?

Thanks,

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Link is here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm

Comment

Working...

]]>