title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AMG showing "expired" on new install of R12 Registered

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bonebardier
    • Feb 2007

AMG showing "expired" on new install of R12 Registered

Hi,

I've installed R12, removing R11.5 and all codecs first, then rebooting. I rebooted after installing R12 too, but when I use it, it claims that AMG is "expired", which is weird as it's the first time I've even seen it mentioned. Am I doing something really lame, or is this a known problem?

Ta
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: AMG showing "expired" on new install of R12 Registered

Did you accept the 30-day AMG trial?

You already had a registered version of dMC? Then if you want AMG access (for album art, mostly), you can purchase one year of access for $5. Link and more information is at the Registration link near the top of this page.

Comment

• Bonebardier
      • Feb 2007

I didn't accept the trial - figured updating to R12 having not had AMG in R11.5 would give me the same 1 year rights as new users. If that's not the case then I guess that's the reason.

If I upgraded to Reference R12, would that include 12 months AMG? Or as I'm an existing user of R12 does the same apply?. I'm upgrading for other reasons, not to get AMG access. TBH it's a nice to have, although the only place I use album art is on my iPod and iTunes does a nice job of that anyway.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes the reference upgrade include AMG for 1 year also.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Teknojnky
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2006

Bonebardier, there are 2 install files for reference.

A smaller AMG installer, and the larger reference+codecs installer.

Make sure you downloaded and ran the smaller amg installer, it should be in your order confimation email, further down under the reference download link.

Comment

• Mystakill
            • Feb 2007

I just purchased dbpowerAMP less than two months ago. Do I still need to purchase the upgrade to R12?

Comment

• Wayne
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Aug 2002

Not if you do not want to subscribe to AMG or require the features available in the Reference version. Check out the differences here http://www.dbpoweramp.com/db-versions.htm

You should be able to download and install the powerpack & mp3 license version following the instructions on this page http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

Wayne

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Mystakill: There is no upgrade fee for you to upgrade to the dMC r12 PowerPack version, but there is a fee for you to upgrade to r12 Reference.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

AMG is included with the higher priced Power Pack ($18), or can be purchased seperately for $5 (1 years access).
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mystakill
                    • Feb 2007

Thanks for the info Wayne & LtData. BTW, is there any particular reason why the PowerPack plus the upgrade costs $2 more than buying Reference outright?

I'll wait until CPU affinity is user-selectable before upgrading though. I don't always want my system running at full-tilt

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

Normally the upgrade is for users that purchased the PowerPack before r12 when the PowerPack cost only $14. There is a 30-day trial of the PowerPack and Reference to figure out which package you want.

Comment

Working...

]]>