title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Legacy Compatibility (r12 Workround)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Legacy Compatibility (r12 Workround)

The link here tells how to install the new r12 Music Converter whilst retaining use of Sveta, dCW and dAP.

Before I do so I have a question regarding the right-click menu "convert to" and "Edit Tag" options available in Windows Explorer and the legacy dBpowerAMP programs.

Do we have to turn off either of the legacy or new v12 windows explorer right click options or can they both run together?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Legacy Compatibility (r12 Workround)

I would think that either r11.5 or r12 should have the right-click options and pop-ups turned on, but not both.

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

That's what I thought.

Thanks.

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

Just installed r12 and I can see that it doesn't matter which configuration options you use as the windows explorer context menu and properties pages use v12 (if both installed).

The new look v12 will take a little while for me to get used to.

Comment

• Echetus
          • Jan 2007

I've got both living on my box-with r11.5 controlling the context menus. I installed r12 and configured it to work without the shell extensions. I then installed r11.5 and enabled the menus during installation. It's working for me.

Bret

Comment

Working...

]]>