title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Force LC AAC - Should it to be set for iPod Video?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • areohbee
    • Feb 2007

Force LC AAC - Should it to be set for iPod Video?

Does anyone know for sure, if, as of 1/31/2007 iPod Video (e.g. 30GB) supports HE AAC?, or should "Force LC AAC (for non-HE players)" be checked?? (NeroDigitalAudio AAC). I know it will play them, but will it play them with full quality, reading the HE/SBR data and all...

Also, when setting "Force LC AAC", the encoded file is different than when it is not set, but appears to still be HE - so is it LC or HE?
    Last edited by areohbee; February 01, 2007, 09:39 AM. Reason: Addition and clarification.
  • Deano
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

Re: Force LC AAC - Should it to be set for iPod Video?

No iPod's support any form of HE-AAC, they all require LC-AAC. You can force LC by using the available checkbox, but that may well force inflated bitrates on some settings.

The recommended setting is 0.5, which should never use HE-AAC anyway and always produce an LC file (at least it did in my testing). Only lower settings (such as 0.35 and lower) should produce a file with any HE parts to an AAC file.

Comment

• areohbee
      • Feb 2007

Re: Force LC AAC - Should it to be set for iPod Video?

Wow - thanks for the quick answer! And, I just figured out that WinAMP seems to display the correct file info for LC vs HE (whereas dBpowerAMP always shows HE even when its LC) - thanks again.
      Last edited by areohbee; February 01, 2007, 09:58 AM. Reason: Changed question to statement after finding answer.

Comment

Working...

]]>