title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

R12 Reference - mp3 (lame) encoder, --vbr-new?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deano
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

R12 Reference - mp3 (lame) encoder, --vbr-new?

Hopefully the title explained a lot of the my following question, but anyway.

a) Thanks for the R12 Reference upgrade Spoon. I love the new reworking, it's great.

b) When using the LAME encoder, I want to use -V 2. Does this utilise the equivalent of the --vbr-new switch when encoding? Or am I going to have to set up a CLI encoder to allow this to work?

c) Is it just me, or does it take a while for the CD options to open in the CD Ripper? It might be just my machine I guess...
  • Teknojnky
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2006

Re: R12 Reference - mp3 (lame) encoder, --vbr-new?

Originally posted by Deano
    c) Is it just me, or does it take a while for the CD options to open in the CD Ripper? It might be just my machine I guess...

It's not you. It takes 1-3 seconds for the options to open on my various boxes. I don't really care much for the sub-option buttons either, you basically have to click them twice.... once to select that option, and again to press the actual button... very annoying.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Lame (in R12) is using -vbr-new
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Deano
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jan 2006

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply Spoon. Reference was an excellent upgrade.

Comment

Working...

]]>