title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How can I disable Frame-Padding for MP2?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NerveKnob
    • Jan 2007

How can I disable Frame-Padding for MP2?

How can I disable Frame-Padding for MP2? I have tried a couple of the MPeg1-LayerII codecs (currently using TooLame) and I'm looking for a way to disable the obsure setting of Frame Padding. Apparrently files with the typical padding enabled can hose the audio systems of some broadcast agencies. Here is a clip from Public Radio, to which I am trying send these files. But they inform me that they cannot use them.

Thanks guys.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Quote:
    Frame Padding: One somewhat obscure setting in audio encoding is to determine whether to set frame padding "on" or "off". Some encoding tools default frame padding as "on" for files with a 44.1 kHz sampling rate, as is used by the ContentDepot. The presence of frame padding creates a problem for certain automation playback cards (e.g., AudioVAULT's AV100). We have been aggressively communicating the requirement for producers (who encode their files prior to upload) to set frame padding "off" to make their files compatible with major station automation systems. Since this is a relatively unknown parameter to most producers, it is taking some time to educate producers regarding encoder settings, and some popular encoding products do not offer a way to adjust this setting. Stations with affected systems are asked to check incoming files to be sure they playback on your system. If you think you have an incompatible system (other than AV100), please alert the PRSS Help Desk so we can share the information with other stations
    . [/COLOR]
  • RDG
    • Mar 2005

Re: How can I disable Frame-Padding for MP2?

Hi,

Not the expert but try going to

\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\Toolame Mp2 (CLI)

Open options.txt and add

[CLIString]
    -r

My complete options.txt follows. I added the my CLI string towards the top of the file. All other settings are the default.

There is a Windows Utility that will allow you to see if you have frame padding at:

Run the utility and press Check Whole File.

Good Luck.

OPTIONS.TXT

[Codec]
    .mp2
    c:\program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp\compression\toolame mp2 (CLI)\toolame.exe

[CLIString]
    -r
    [CLIString]
    -b

[Combo]
    32kbps
    40kbps
    48kbps
    56kbps
    64kbps
    80kbps
    96kbps