title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

RealAudio conversion problem--corrupt file?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chomusik80
    • Jan 2007

RealAudio conversion problem--corrupt file?

Hi,

I've read many of the threads relating to RA conversion, but I think mine is unique.

I installed Real Alternative 1.51 with the codec. I checked to see that it was registered with DirectShow. I've changed the text file, then ran the Config program. I verified on the program that it recognizes the .ra, .rm, .ram, and .rmvb extensions. I've rebooted the computer. It won't convert the files, except one. But they all play fine in Media Player Classic.

It's a series of files I got off the internet, and in fact, one of the files did convert successfully. So now I wonder-- is the audio file itself corrupt? The message I get:

The CODEC required to decompress 'D:\_download\321CONTACT.ra' could not be opened.
    DirectShow filter for '.ra' not installed, or Audio File Corrupt.

If someone could do me the favor and try converting the file itself for me to see if they get the same problem. It's on the internet:

The first five entries in the list refer to a show called 3-2-1 contact. Most of them do not convert for me, except for the one called 321CONTACTFRI.ra which is the third one from the top.

If someone can give me assistance, I would be very appreciative. Thank you.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: RealAudio conversion problem--corrupt file?

Can you play these files in Windows Media Player? If you cannot, then the files are not being recognized by the RealMedia DirectShow Splitter.

Comment

• chomusik80
      • Jan 2007

Re: RealAudio conversion problem--corrupt file?

Thank you for the suggestion. It did not play correctly in Windows Media Player. When it told me it couldn't find the codec, I found out the codec it was looking for was actually the Dolby AC3 codec, not the usual RealMedia codec.

In any case, I installed that codec, and everything converted.

Fantastic.

Jon

Comment

Working...

]]>