title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with Converting ??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mannaoz
    • Jan 2007

Problem with Converting ??

The program has never been a hitch until this happened today.
    I feel there may have been a malicious virus or something as the program disappeared from add remove programs.
    I reinstalled it with all the codecs I had and then tried to convert an audio track I had recorded using Nero Wave Edit. I use this method all the time with no problems.
    Now I am getting this message coming up.
    The CODEC required to compress 'H:\New (J)\X2o Folder\Audios\XoomaPartnersCall\Saturdays\MP3\Corp erate Update Call 20.01.07 Edit.mp3.TEMP.mp3' could not be opened.
    Error creating mp3 compressor, try different encoding frequency and bitrates.

What is this and how do I get back to square one.
    I have again deleted the entire program and started again still have the same result. :(

Please help

Thanks in advance
    \Jeff
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem with Converting ??

Assuming your assumption is correct, try the total uninstall procedure described in the FAQ on Uninstall Issues and Fix here:
    there are some anomalies that occur when uninstalling dbpoweramp parts. i just unisntalled using windows add/remove the following codecs, ogg, aac, mp4, wsp, voc. start-->programs-->dbpoweramp music converter-->configuration-->dmc configuration that does not match whats in my registry however this

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

What version of dMC are you using?

Comment

• mannaoz
        • Jan 2007

Thanks Guys.
        I have deleted from the registry checked there were no extras hanging around and reinstalled.
        Seems to be working well.
        Now all I need to do is work out the best compression that has good quality sound playback. At the moment it sounds like a shortwave message. :yawn:
        The version I was using was 11.5 registered.

Comment

Working...

]]>