title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Powerpack Features missing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolfpacker96
    • Jan 2007

Powerpack Features missing

I have the Powerpack and I really like the ID tag editing you can do from the Windows Explorer. I've been running dMC 11.5 for ages and a few weeks back I thought I would try out one of the newer beta versions. Since then I have uninstalled the beta and reinstalled 11.5. I also reinstalled Powerpack because it wasn't functioning at all. Most powerpack functions appear to work (though, honestly I don't use many of them except the ID tag editing) but I've lost the ability to edit tags in windows explorer. I right click on a file name as before, but the "Edit Tag" button is gone. I can do that after I import songs into "My Music Collection", but I'd rather do it prior to importing them so that "My Music Collection" places the songs in the proper folders in Windows. I'm using Windows XP with all updates. Thanks!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Powerpack Features missing

I have heard a few reports of things not working quite right when going from the dMC r12 beta back to dMC r11.5 You might need to do a total uninstall as described here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828

Comment

• Wolfpacker96
      • Jan 2007

Well, I can't reply on the page with the uninstall procedure so I'll have to try here. I deleted the files from the registry and made sure no programs are running, but when I try to delete the dbpoweramp directory from the program files I get an error that states I can't delete dAPKeyControl.dll because it's in use. I don't see anything running in the Task Manager. Any thoughts? I may be out of my paygrade here.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Did you uninstall dAP before you deleted the registry entries? Did you reboot after uninstalling?

Comment

• Wolfpacker96
          • Jan 2007

Yeah, I guess I was supposed to uninstall prior to doing #1 of that guide? Oh well, just to see what happened I went ahead reinstalled without deleting the program folder and the "Edit Tag" came back! Thanks for the help even though I guess I can't follow instructions too well!

:komisch12

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Added a note to uninstall dAP, dMC, etc before messing with the registry.

Oh, and the .dll would not delete as it was registered with Windows. I believe the command to unregister it is "regsvr32 /u <path to dll>".

Comment

Working...

]]>