title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting mp4 to mp3.Help please!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dell132435
    • Jan 2007

Converting mp4 to mp3.Help please!!

Hi, Im new to this game and find it all rather complicated. I need one mp4 track converting to mp3. If i send it to someone ,can they please convert it for me and send it back in mp3 format?
    Hopefully...dell132435
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Converting mp4 to mp3.Help please!!

How about you try converting it yourself. All you need is dBpowerAMP Music Converter with an active trial version or paid version of the Power Pack (to create mp3 files) and the mp4/m4a codec (to read the .mp4 file, if it is an audio file) available free from Codec Central here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm .

If your mp4 file is a video file or an audio-video file, you will need a different program altogether unless you want to record the audio version while you play the track. In that case you can use dBpowerAMP Music Converter's Auxilary Input feature. (See the Help file for this feature and/or the FAQ in the FAQ Section of this Forum for tips/instructions on how to use Auxilary Input).

Also, if your .mp4 file is a protected audio file (it will probably have a .m4p extension) or if it is an .mp4 audio book file (usually has an .m4b extension) the .m4a codec will not work. You can use Auxilary Input for these situations as well. For protected .m4p files, see the DRM and CD Copy Protection section of the forum.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>