title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help!!! Trouble with WMA conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kitkat
    • Oct 2002

Help!!! Trouble with WMA conversion

Can anybody help me? I'm trying to convert a WMA file to a WAV file but dbconverter wont let me. I get a 'illegal to convert protected files' message - but they are my files and they weren't protected before i upgraded media player. Is there any way I can un check the protection on these files so I can burn my music to CD?

Any help would be much appreciated. thanks.:headbang:
    Last edited by kitkat; October 23, 2002, 09:14 PM.
  • MODatic
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Just check for me:

Make sure Pop up info tips in explorer is turned on in dMC Configuration then hover over the file and check to see if there is an attirbute that says Is_Protected=Yes. If there is, then you're out of luck as the file is protected and to reconvert it back would be illegal.

If you must convert it to wave, give dMC Aux. Input a go

Comment

• STAR
      • Sep 2002

try to find a program called un****.. or something like that... it'll remove the copy protection from protected files.. I think they have a version for wma.. you might want to search the web first.. or maybe kazaa

Comment

• totalXSive
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2002

Assuming you're not based in the US, you could try DRM-Fix from http://www.thefreeworld.net/ . If you are based in the US, or using an ISP like AOL that routes all of its traffic through the US you will not be allowed on the site due to that country's Digital Millennium Copyright Act, which makes the content of the site illegal there.

Comment

Working...

]]>