title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

weird flac

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucky
    Banned
    • Nov 2004

weird flac

Hello. I had a weird flac file which I wanted to convert to apple lossless (m4a)

Further to dbpoweramp I have installed additionally Easy CD-DA Extractor and foobar as converters. Easy CD-DA was giving "error decoding". On the other hand, dbpoweramp converter finished the conversion halfway (where the flac's error might exist) but it didn't give me notification about any error, although the m4a file was half time length of the original flac.

Of course I tried to convert the file to wav and then in any other format. The only conversion succeeded was from flac to wav through foobar only.

Is there any way to overcome this? I mean if the output is not same time length than the original to get an error message?

Also this was not the first conversion with dbpoweramp not succeeded. Could it be due to a large size of file? Would it be better to split large files, more than 300MB? Could it be because of other programs running such as antivirus etc?

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: weird flac

Try the new R12 (in beta, you need the new flac codec also), on the advanced codec options page (in configuration) there are options about what should be done if an error is encountered in FLAC.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lucky
      Banned
      • Nov 2004

Re: weird flac

Thank you for your reply. Where do I get the new beta R12?

Never mind I found it :(
      Last edited by lucky; December 29, 2006, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>