title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

how do I convert ac3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • popol
    • Dec 2006

how do I convert ac3?

I've installed the direct show filter in the dbpoweramp folder. Then I installed the ac3 filter from the link shown on this page: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-directshow.htm

dbpoweramp still won't let me convert ac3...

thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: how do I convert ac3?

You have edited the direct show extensions file? see the help file for more details.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

dMC only lets you convert FROM ac3, not TO ac3. Which one are you trying to do?

Comment

• popol
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
        You have edited the direct show extensions file? see the help file for more details.
        I have read the help files and it says, that I have have to "add" ".ac3" in the file. But when I install the direct show filter, it opens up a txt file (I assume this is the extensions file that you're talking about) and ".ac3" ALREADY is in there. I didn't change the file.

dMC only lets you convert FROM ac3, not TO ac3. Which one are you trying to do?
        convert from ac3, obviously.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Can you play your .ac3 file in Windows Media Player? This will make sure the DirectShow components are installed correctly.

Comment

• popol
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by LtData
            Can you play your .ac3 file in Windows Media Player? This will make sure the DirectShow components are installed correctly.
            yes, they work in wmp. The message I get in DBpoweAMP when I try to open an ac3 file to convert is "support for the audio type 'ac3' might be obtained..."

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Does the DirectShow Decoder show up in dMC Configuration? (Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration)

Comment

• popol
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by LtData
                Does the DirectShow Decoder show up in dMC Configuration? (Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration)
                yes, it's there, I realised though what was the problem. I add to add .ac3 in the txt file, under .xyz, even though ".ac3" was alredy there in the file...

thanks for the help. It works now :D

Comment

Working...

]]>