title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC to iTunes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farley55
    • Dec 2006

FLAC to iTunes

I was wondering what the easiest way to take a Torrent that is all FLAC files and turn them into files that I can use on iTunes. I have done the FLAC to MP3 LAME and have noticed the severe loss in quality. I have tried to go from FLAC to WAV , but....iTunes didn't allow the WAV to be added. There has to be a way to convert FLAC to something that iTunes will accept without losing the quality!! Thanks so much in advance for your help!!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: FLAC to iTunes

Since FLAC is lossless, your lossless choices for the iPod are just Apple Lossless. However, if these files are too big, try a high-bitrate mp4/m4a file, say 192kbps or so.

Comment

• Farley55
      • Dec 2006

How can I change the FLAC to an Apple Lossless? I am not sure how to do that? Just use the dbpoweramp converter?? Sorry, a little new at this still! Thanks for your help!

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Yes, you can change FLAC to Apple Lossless using dMC. You just need to install both the FLAC codec and the mp4/m4a codec, both in codec central.

Comment

• Farley55
          • Dec 2006

LtData....You Rock, thanks so much for your help!! Let me know if there is anyway that I can repay you, seriously!! I have been working on this for days now, and you are the only one that has given me a clue! Thanks again, and Happy Holidays!!

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Not a problem, glad to help. And a Happy New Year to you too!

Comment

Working...

]]>