title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't rip to WMA

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Viking
    • Dec 2006

Can't rip to WMA

After switching to Windows XP I can no longer rip CDs to WMA using dMC Audio CD Input because "the WMA codec is not found".
    However, if I rip to WAV first and then use the dBpowerAMP Music Converter, conversion is just fine.
    I've installed (and re-installed) the latest version of all programs and codecs (WMA 9.1).
    Ideas, anyone?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't rip to WMA

Try R12 in the beta section of this forum, there is the new WMA v10
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Viking
      • Dec 2006

Thanks! I'll try that.

Comment

• Viking
        • Dec 2006

Thanks again!
        R12 Beta works perfectly -- and I also installed WMA10 Professional. I really like the new options!

Comment

• osnipso
          • May 2006

I could rip to wma perfectly in Windows XP, then I have upgraded to Windows Media Player 11. Can't do it anymore.

"The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Yadda\Yadda\01-Yadda.wma' could not be opened."

I'm a registered R11.5 powerpack user. If I upgrade to R12 Beta, will my Lame mp3 codec stop to work? Will my powerpack tools stop to work?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Currently, dMC r12 does not have a registered version and will encode to mp3. Upon its release in January, your PowerPack purchase will carry over and you will able to download a dMC r12 version with the PowerPack included.

Comment

Working...

]]>