title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

VQF (TwinVQ) Plugin!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Britzky
    • Oct 2002

VQF (TwinVQ) Plugin!

Hi Guys,
    I am currently having problems using the VQF (TwinVQ) Plugin. I have a rather large collection of VQF files I wish to convert to OGG's as VQF support has subsided (is not even included with Winamp3). My problem is the plugin available for use with dBpowerAMP/Converter refuses to play/convert my VQF files.
    These files were all compressed using the Yamaha encoder. They play in Winamp2 (using the vqf plugin) and yamaha player without any problems. One strainge thing I have noticed, when holding mouse cursor over the files using WinXP it gives details on artist/file compression etc, this is not the case for our files, but does display on newly created test files using the vqf plugin encoder.
    Now there is probably something simple I have overlooked, however I have already spent several hours searching for a solution. Anyway I hope I have not confused things further, any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS I can email one of my vqf files for diagnostic purposes if required.

Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by Britzky; October 22, 2002, 08:47 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

It is pretty much a dead format, uninstall the VQF codec from dMC and try the Winamp plug-in adaptor.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Britzky
      • Oct 2002

Hey Spoon,
      I realise VQF is a dead format, that is why I wish to use your converter to convert all my files to OGG format.
      VQFs encoded with your encoder using your VQF plugin play/convert on the player/converter, however my VQFs created using Yamaha's encoder fail to load.
      I have tried copying tvqdec.dll from winamp, and it still fails to decode them. Your decoder also uses VQF (Twin).dll, I assume this file would be different to the winamp in_vqf.dll?

Any ideas?

Brit

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I would recommend using the disk output writer with winamp.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Britzky
          • Oct 2002

Surely there must be a way to do it with your program, especially when they are both using the same tvdec.dll???

Is there any chance I could email one of my files to see if you can figure out why your vqf plugin does not function correctly? There must be others out there that have encoded using the Yamaha encoder wanting to utilise your program.

Using the diskwriter function in Winamp had crossed my mind, however I am looking for a hassle free way (once functional) of converting a rather large collection of vqfs to ogg's. Your program stands out from all the others I have tested, if it could only read my files.

Comment

• Britzky
            • Oct 2002

FIXED!!!!

The problem was the Read-Only file attribute!! For some strange reason the dbpowerAMP will NOT play a VQF (TwinVQ) file that is ReadOnly....???? Weird....

Sorry for being an annoying bastard, Spoon...

Cheers

Comment

Working...

]]>