title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New and confused (mp3 to aac+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowKitty
    • Dec 2006

New and confused (mp3 to aac+)

I just downloaded dBpAMP MC and I read the forums yet I'm still really confused. Is there a way to go from .MP3 to .AAC (AAC+)? Do I have to convert from .MP3 to .M4A then .M4A to .AAC? Any help would be appreciated.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: New and confused (mp3 to aac+)

The .m4a files files dMC creates are AAC files in a MP4/M4A container. There is a codec to move the file to a plain AAC file if you want. The codec is here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm

Comment

• ShadowKitty
      • Dec 2006

I have downloaded this codecs and installed it , but dont seem to get this option when I try to convert my current .MP3 files. I'm guessing it should say on the first line "Converting 1 file to (Drop down menu) AAC" is this correct.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Did you install the main m4a/mp4 codec and also install the mp4 to aac codec? Did you also download the zip file from nero, as mentioned in the help file?

The mp4/m4a option says "Nero Digital Audio (AAC)" in the drop-down list. The mp4 to aac should say something like "MP4 to AAC".

Comment

• ShadowKitty
          • Dec 2006

Thank you for all your assistance. I converted the file, unfortunatly I think I'm not getting the right file type but I did successfully convert it.

Comment

Working...

]]>