title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

question... and a possible bug

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STAR
    • Sep 2002

question... and a possible bug

first... I'm curious about the wma 9... I've just recently set up an xp machine to run wma 9 series... and I've noticed that the wma9s are actually slightly bigger than the wma 8's at the same bitrate... by about .1mb or so.. why is that exactly can anyone tell me?

secondly... if you hit cancel when converting a file or ripping an audio cd it just keeps counting and doesn't actually cancel (as far as I can tell). I am using the newest beta for the DMC.. but I'm pretty sure that it was doin g this before too...

I'm doing some other tests for the formats.. but these questions were on my mind today.. just thought I'd try to get an answer and let you know about the other thing.. great program.. and thanks
  • STAR
    • Sep 2002

another problem...

I was trying to rip a cd into wma9 using your audio cd input and it gave me an error regarding my cd drive not being able to rip audio.. which I know it can.. then the cd drive dissapeared from my system so I had to restart.. the cd drive dissapeas like that occasionally when I get a read error from another program... any Idea whats wrong with it, and why it wont rip audio? the drive has worked before on another computer.. and otherwise is working just fine.. windows media player 9 can rip from it just fine...
    and also any idea what to do about the drive dissapearing?
    I'd like to prevent that from happening in the future.. its kind of a pain in the butt
    thanks

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

What Windows version?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• STAR
        • Sep 2002

XP

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Run 'CD Configuration' and select Communication to 2000/NT Built-in (Limited)
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• STAR
            • Sep 2002

thanks spoon! and any reason why those wma9's are slightly bigger than the 8 series? can anyone tell me?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Dont know.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>