title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

iPod Skips Every Other Song on dbPAMP Encodes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montehansen
    • Dec 2006

iPod Skips Every Other Song on dbPAMP Encodes

I've ripped my CDs to FLAC w/medium compression. I then converted same to Apple Lossless and loaded to my iPod. iPod (30GB Video ver 1.2) skips over exactly every other song. I can go to the skipped song and play it manually (sometimes it takes a few tries). For all other music not encoded thru dbPowerAmp, the unit plays songs without issue.

Since these were 30mb songs, figured it might be related to it's cache size, so I converted (again from flac) to AAC 320 via the Nero Digital Audio codec. Same problem.

I then converted from flac to MP3 320 and the unit plays songs without issue.

Sound related to the encoding process for these two codecs? FWIW, I'm loading the songs w/iTunes 7.0.12.

Ideas?
    Last edited by montehansen; December 01, 2006, 03:21 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: iPod Skips Every Other Song on dbPAMP Encodes

If the lossless and Nero m4a both skip then the only item which is consistent between the two is ID Tags, have you tried loading one file that will not play into iTunes and change the tag slightly then upload?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• montehansen
      • Dec 2006

I'll be darned. I Added a bogus tag to a small sampling and shazaam, they play as expected. So, I guess I can add a tag as part of my ripping process to work around the problem, and use your handy tag editor to blast a tag to a group of songs.

Thanks for the tip Spoon! dbpowerAMP rox.

Monte Hansen

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You used dBpowerAMP to add and remove the bogus tag, rather than iTunes?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MythMaker
          • Jan 2007

I am having the same exact problem only editing the tags did not solve the issue. :cry:

Comment

Working...

]]>