title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

strange chipmunk echo reverb with dmc

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camani
    • Nov 2006

strange chipmunk echo reverb with dmc

I am ripping cd tracks to wav and coming up with a strange effect. I use the cd audio input to rip, then write the tracks to a cd using Nero Express. Nero was previously being used with files ripped from media player with no problem.

dmc settings: 16 bit, 44100 Hz 2 Stereo no compression

They appear to rip and burn fine, but when I play the cd, the sound is echoed over the top with a chipmunk effect (it is talking - not music). So you hear the original (sounding normal), and at the same time - sort of over the top - the voice has an echo at double speed or so. The effect is quite funny to listen to, but not funny at all for those of us who need to output some cds!

On my laptop (Win XP, burning with EZ CD Creator) I do not have this problem, only on the desktop (Win XP Pro - burning with Nero Express).

I have searched the forums and the web extensively, and cannot find a similar case. I must have a setting wrong somewhere - or a conflict, but I don't know what.

I also tried ripping to wma, same problem. I have the multi-encoder installed (to rip to wav /wma and mp3 at the same time). I tried both ripping with the multi-encoder and ripping individually, but the result was the same.

I would appreciate any insight you may have to offer!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: strange chipmunk echo reverb with dmc

You ripped the CD to WAV and then burned those WAVs to an audio CD? What speed did you burn the CD at? Try below 16x to see if it still happens.

Also, do the ripped files play fine on your computer?

Comment

• camani
      • Nov 2006

Thank you for your response - sorry for the delay in getting back (The problem is on my church's computer, which I don't always have access to).

I ripped the cd to wav. The resulting wav file does not play normally on the computer (before burning) - so I guess it is not related to burning. The mp3 file plays fine (ripped at the same time, using the multi-encoder). The same setup on my laptop computer works beautifully.

I am going to try re-installing dbpoweramp and see if that helps.

Thanks.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

If you convert the WAV file to mp3, does it play fine? What about converting the mp3 file to WAV? What are you parameters to converting to WAV?

Comment

• camani
          • Nov 2006

oddly, it seems to be working fine now. I removed all codecs from the multi-encoder, then added them back one at a time, testing each one singly. This worked. So I added back both the wav and the mp3 - and voila - it all works. Maybe an odd glitch when I set up the multiencoder?

BTW - converting from the bad wavs to anything did not work. I didn't try converting from the mp3's.

Thanks for your input. Hopefully all is good now.

Comment

Working...

]]>