title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Apple lossless being finicky

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheeto
    • Nov 2006

Apple lossless being finicky

I've been using DBPowerAmp to convert my old FLAC files over to Apple Lossless so I can play them on my iPod, but I'm getting some strange effects on some files. iTunes itself can play all the files just fine, but when I play them on the iPod after 4 lossless tracks it will skip past every other lossless track, even tracks it's played before. The files refuse to stream over a network to other iTunes clients. Oddly, an album I just bought and used iTunes to rip to lossless has none of these issues. On a hunch I selected one of the converted files in iTunes and told iTunes itself to re-encode into lossless. That new file then was able to play over the network flawlessly and I imagine will also have no issues on the iPod. So does anyone know what the significant difference is between the DBPowerAmp file and the iTunes file?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Apple lossless being finicky

We are researching why the iPod is having issues with some files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tomb
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jun 2003

I needed to create some apple lossless files for the tunecore service and quicktime (I don't have i-tunes - it will not install for some reason) could not play the files. The problem was that the file name created was too long (artist, track number, album and track) and after removing track number and album it played without a problem.

Anyone know the reason behind this?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Apple have a 64 character limit on filenames...
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tomb
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
          Apple have a 64 character limit on filenames...
          Well I didn't know that. Ta.

Comment

Working...

]]>