title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Stereo mp3 to 5.1 Channel wav

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gblomstr
    • Nov 2006

Stereo mp3 to 5.1 Channel wav

I've been trying to find a low cost method of converting mp3 files to 5.1 surround. I was hoping that by selecting the '5.1' option in dBpoweramp Converter it would give me the results I was looking for. Well, I brought the converted file into Audacity and sure enough there are 6 channels; however, as near as I can tell the R/L channels was duplicated 2 more times.

What I was hoping for was that at least one of the channels would contain the low frequency information for the sub-woofer.

Does anyone know of an inexpensive way to convert stereo mp3 to 5.1 surround? Thanks in advance for any help.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Stereo mp3 to 5.1 Channel wav

To make a 5.1 file you need a 5.1 source. There may be a way to split the audio up, but dMC doesn't do it, that I know of anyway.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Stereo mp3 to 5.1 Channel wav

R12 will split it up, send 80% to the rear speakers and put a combination into the sub-woofer (including high frequency, but that does not matter as your sub-woofer will only work with low frequency stuff).
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>