title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cool Edit 2000 and MP2s

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RDG
    • Mar 2005

Cool Edit 2000 and MP2s

Hi,

I am using DBPowerAmp to convert broadcast wave files (BWF) to mp2 files. I am having a problem with a client who is using Cool Edit 2000 to edit files.

Converted MP2 files opened in Cool Edit have a very loud click every couple seconds. The clicks can be seen on the waveform. It sounds like a sync problem. If I convert the MP2 files to a PCM Wav file Cool Edit has no problems importing the file. If I use another converter the click issue is not there. (The other converter is one downloaded from PRX.org. It only works with PCM Wav or Aiff files)

I have been told this may be a “Frame Padding” issue. Does this bring anything to mind? This is not a problem with Adobe Audition just this ancient edition of Cool Edit.

Thanks,

David Greene
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Cool Edit 2000 and MP2s

We use toolame to convert to mp2, it could be the compression settings chosen, or Cool Edit does not like any mp2 files created with that encoder.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RDG
      • Mar 2005

Re: Cool Edit 2000 and MP2s

Actually using the TooLame MP2 encoder works perfectly with Cool Edit. It was using the MP2 Codec that I was having problems with. Will have to do some listening tests but at this time it looks like I will be using the TooLame Codec.

Thanks for the help. :smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>