title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tag issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerfo
    • Oct 2006

Tag issues

I am using the Nero AAC codec to convert my mp3 to AAC, the problem is that the output file works fine but none of my programs is able to read the tags, except for db itself, what can I do? It is very annoying to have all my songs detected as "Unknown artist -..." and it's a pain in the ass trying to manage them on my phone (Nokia 3250), btw, the phone has no issues reading the AAC/mp4 tags of files that have been converted with the program that comes with it, only that the program is crappy and bad for converting songs.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Tag issues

writing .aac or .m4a?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jerfo
      • Oct 2006

Aac

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

.aac has no formal tagging standard, that will be why.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jerfo
          • Oct 2006

For some reason my answer got deleted... so here it is again, I converted to .aac

Comment

• Jerfo
            • Oct 2006

Ack! I'm sorry, I think I was viewing an outdated version of this page... my bad... I don't understand then, how come the other program (Nokia PC Suite) made .aac and the information could be detected? My songs did have all the information... anyway, if .aac won't work, what can I do?

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Since there is no standard, the Nokia program and phone cannot read the tags that dMC makes. However, dMC can read their tags. Have you tried converting to m4a and then using the m4a to AAC codec (here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm)? Its possible that could work.

Comment

Working...

]]>