title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AAC Encoder Help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ultrabot90
    • Jul 2006

AAC Encoder Help

I tried a lot of *.aac encoding codecs in the CodecCentral, but they all encode to m4a, while my mobile phone supports only mp3 and aac (mp3 cut away all voice in the songs even at 320 kbps, as I'm encoding from wma @ 96 kbps). AAC is *the* one I need, please help. The CLI one doesn't work either, it says that...
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Codec Error '
    ******* PsyTEL(R) FAST MPEG-2 AAC LC Encoder V2.0 (build Mar 4 2002) *******
    Copyright (C) 1999-2001 PsyTEL Research
    Copyright (C) 1999-2001 Ivan Dimkovic

This program is protected by copyright law and internationa
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    ...and it creates a dud file and thats it. SOS, Mayday, Help.
    -regards,
    ultrabot90
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: AAC Encoder Help

Try the "MP4 to AAC" codec in Codec Central. Note that you must have a mp4 file for this to work.

Comment

• ultrabot90
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by LtData
      Try the "MP4 to AAC" codec in Codec Central. Note that you must have a mp4 file for this to work.
      MP4? Thanks! (also, I found that it wasn't the mp3 that was malfunctioning, it was my sound card port! :o )
      -regards,
      ultrabot90

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Well, mp4 and m4a are the same thing, just a different extension. Some programs want one, some programs want the other one, but its the same file. All you have to do is rename the extension from m4a to mp4 or vice versa. See here on how to change extensions: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5361

Comment

Working...

]]>