title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tag problems with new Nero mp4 codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snydley
    • Sep 2006

Tag problems with new Nero mp4 codec

I installed the updated Nero mp4 codec. During installation it recognized that I had the old Nero codec (3.2.0.24) and the FAAC codec (1.24.1), and I decided to uninstall those during the installation of the new codec, since that's what was recommended.

Prior to this, both the old Nero and FAAC codecs generated files (that were converted from tagged WavePak files) that kept all of the correct tagging. Foobar 2000 v0.9 could read all of the tags in the generated mp4 files, and the ID Tag properties of the file lists them as mp4 ID Tags.

Since the update, though, the new Nero codec generateds tags that foobar can't read. So I reinstalled the old Nero codec, and now it, too, no longer generates mp4 (or m4a) files with tags that foobar can read!

I uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Same problem. However, the FAAC codec IS still generating tags that foobar can read, whereas the old Nero codec (as well as the new Nero codec) is not!

I have mp4 files that were generated by the old Nero codec, prior to this problem, and foobar can read the tags just fine, so I know I'm not imagining the problem.

Looking at the ID Tag properties of the mp4 files shows that all of the info is there, but foobar can't read it in some cases. All of them list the ID Tag as being an mp4 ID Tag.

Summary:
    - New Nero codec: foobar cannot read tags.
    - Old Nero codec, prior to reinstall: foobar can read tags.
    - Old Nero codec, after reinstall: foobar CANNOT read tags.
    - Old faac codec, prior to reinstall: foobar can read tags.
    - Old faac codec, after reinstall: foobar CAN read tags.

I'd like to use the Nero codecs (preferably the new one) and have foobar read the tags of the mp4 files I generate (from tagged WavePak files). How can I make that happen?

Thanks.
  • Snydley
    • Sep 2006

Re: Tag problems with new Nero mp4 codec

BTW, for all of the codecs in my previous post, all tags get transfered to the iPod correctly.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Tag problems with new Nero mp4 codec

This is because Neros encoder writes a small (its own version of m4a id tag), dbpoweramp then writes an Apple iTunes compatible tag. FB is just reading the nero tag which contains nothing, so is a bug with FB.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>