title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpowerAMP Music Converter 2003

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fifthaveband
    • Sep 2006

dBpowerAMP Music Converter 2003

i have never used the above and when i click on the icon, it asks for the file to be converted. after i select the file, nothing happens. what do i do? is there a more recent version that I can download? i no longer have my registration info.

thanks
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpowerAMP Music Converter 2003

While you may have gotten dBpowerAMP Music Converter in 2003, I do not believe it was ever known as dBpowerAMP Music Converter 2003.

However, if you have the original downloaded installation file or if you got the program on a cd rom, you can reinstall from that.

If not, I would urge you to try checking dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter) Configuration (Start> All Programs> dBpowerAMP Music Converter> Configuration> dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration). Check to see what version of dMC you have and whether you have a registered version of the Power Pack installed.

If you have a registered version of dMC, you should be able to upgrade to the current version without any problem. If you do run into any problems, try this link here:
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/announce...nouncementid=8 .

If your dMC Configuration shows that you have not tried the Power Pack, you can download the current version of dMC and a free, fully functional 30-day trial version of dMC. After 30 days, however, you will need to register the Power Pack to continue to use the Power Pack features (which includes the codec for converting files to mp3 format). The rest of dMC will remain fully functional whether you register or not.

If your dMC Configuration shows that you have an expired trial version of dMC, you can still upgrade dMC to the current version but you will not be able to use a 30 day trial of the Power Pack. Your alternatives then will be to upgrade and register the Power Pack, to upgrade and not use the Power Pack, or to see whether you can get your current version of dMC to work.

If you believe you have registered your prior version of dMC (irrespective of what your dMC Configuration says), you can use the same link above.

Since 2003, dMC has been amended to require that users pay a licensing fee to be able to encode to mp3 (this is why you now need the power pack to convert files to mp3 -although you can still read and convert mp3 files to other formats). If you want to try to get your current version of dMC working, please let us know what version of dMC you have and what type(s) of files you are trying to convert. It would also be helpful to know about what version of Windows you are using and the content of any error messasges you are receiving.

Also, try right-clicking on a file and see if you have an option menu that includes "Convert To" and try converting a file that way. If this option does not appear, please check dMC Configuration and make sure that the "Right-Click Convert To" option is enabled. Let us know whether that works also.

Best wishes,
    Bill
    Last edited by ChristinaS; September 23, 2006, 03:09 PM. Reason: corrected typo

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

Also, you might be able to download and install earlier versions (I would suggest r10) of dMC from here: http://www.aussiecommunity.com.au/fo...read.php?t=276
      (although the current version is much better and I believe that these older versions date back to before Auxilary Input and File Selector (useful free features incorporated in dMC since r11, if I recall correctly) were incorporated into dMC proper (they were free downloads not currently available from Illustrate or from the thread above).

Best wishes,
      Bill

PS-Thank you Christina for fixing my typo (though I shadder to think what it/they might have been).

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by xoas
        PS-Thank you Christina for fixing my typo (though I shadder to think what it/they might have been).

Hmmm.... I better not keep you stewing

Where I underlined the text you were using to dMC ... :D I thought that might be somewhat off

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

OMG!!!

Thanks again,
          Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>