title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Was Ripping at 33X now 1.3X Help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jazzman
    • Jul 2006

Was Ripping at 33X now 1.3X Help

I absolutely love dbPowerAmp

I went through about 200 CD's in no time. I was ripping at 33X consistently. I put in a scratched CD and all of a suddent, I could not get past 13X Real TIme Encoding

Nothing else changed on the computer

I have two primary on board IDE drivers...one for the Hard Drive and One for the CD ROM drive. Here is the contents of the Devide Manager:

IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers

Intel (R) 82801FB Ultra ATA Storage COntroller 2651
    Intel (R) 82801FB/FBM Ultra ATA Storage COntroller 266F
    Primary IDE Channel (1)
    Primary IDE Channel (2)

I did some research and found out that my Primary IDE Channel for my CD ROm Drive did indeed switch to PIO Mode. #2 The Primary IDE for my hard disk is set to Ultra DMA

As recommended in the forums, I uninstalled the Primary #2 and when I rebooted, it still was in PIO mode but the "Transfer Mode" was PIO Only. I reset it to DMA if Available and rebooted.

When it rebooted, the transfer mode was set to UltraDMA Mode 2

I thought I was all set. I went into DMA Audio CD and now it is ripping at 1.3 Real TIme Encoding!

I uninstalled the entire program and reinstalled and I still get 1.3..

WOuld appreciate any help

Thanks

Dave
  • Jazzman
    • Jul 2006

Re: Was Ripping at 33X now 1.3X Help

Looks like I am back in business by registering...

Dont know why????

Dave

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: Was Ripping at 33X now 1.3X Help

Sounds like your PowerPack trial expired and turned off "Rip to RAM" and "Rip & Encode at the same time" in the PowerPack options.

Comment

Working...

]]>