title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Completely unable to convert: all formats and all programs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cowlevel
    • Sep 2006

Completely unable to convert: all formats and all programs

I was working with Nero WaveEdit doing some detailed cuts, and after a particularly difficult run I went to save and it gave me an error that my Nero mp3PRO encoder trial had ended. Won't go into what pisses me off about that, but I just went and saved in .wav and opened up dbPowerAMP to convert it instead. Now whenever I use it, it gives me this error: The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\Documents and Settings\Kenchan\Desktop\b.wav' could not be opened.
    ACM Codec Not Installed 'UnKnown 65534'

I've already did a search on the forum and it wasn't very helpful. I tried converting other files in other formats and to other formats, completely to no avail. I've also tried using different programs, again with no results. What the hell did Nero do to my system?!
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Completely unable to convert: all formats and all programs

What settings did you use when you saved the file using Nero WaveEdit?

Can you reopen the file using Nero WaveEdit? Try saving it in a different format.

Wayne

Comment

• cowlevel
      • Sep 2006

That's the thing, like I said I've tried converting mp3s to wav, other wavs to various mp3s, APE, others, none of it works. And it's not just dbPowerAMP. I'll try redoing it in WaveEdit, but I don't have my hopes up :/

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Do I understand that dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) is not working for any files right now?

In that case you will need to uninstall and reinstall dMC and most likely you will need to follow the complete reinstall procedure (which calls for clearing the registery for dMC also) described in the FAQ on "Uninstalling Issue and Fix" described here:
        there are some anomalies that occur when uninstalling dbpoweramp parts. i just unisntalled using windows add/remove the following codecs, ogg, aac, mp4, wsp, voc. start-->programs-->dbpoweramp music converter-->configuration-->dmc configuration that does not match whats in my registry however this

I would do this assuming you have tried a complete shutdown and restart of your computer and finding that dMC will still not work for any files. In practice, I always try a simple uninstall/reinstall before trying the fuller procedure with the registery (and a complete reboot after clearing the registery).

Once you get dMC going again, I would be very cautious about using this particular file in dMC. What format was this file in before you took it to Nero WaveEdit? Is the files size more typical of a wave file or of an mp3/mp3PRO file? Is the file llisted as a wave file or some other format? Is the file extension compatible with the format ascribed to the file? (You can check these by right-clicking on your file and selecting File Properties).

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

• cowlevel
          • Sep 2006

Thanks a lot! ^-^ yeah I tried restarting, actually reinstalled an older version of Nero and just reinstalled dbPowerAMP. The older Nero WaveEdit doesn't open the .wav I was working on (PCM Wave). I installed dbPowerAMP on a different computer and it converts all my files perfectly. Now dbPowerAMP on this computer will convert other stuff normally, thank god. It won't however convert that .wav or the .mp3 that I converted on the other computer. :/ at least everything somewhat works again, though it drives me nuts that over time our computers keep getting more and more messed up like this.

EDIT: The ID tag identifies the .wav as Format: ACM Codec not Installed 'UnKnown 65534'

EDIT2: I also went and searched online for said codec and a few different codec packs to install, none of them did anything.
          Last edited by cowlevel; September 16, 2006, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

This whole thing is reminiscent of a problem somebody else had before .. But I cannot find it.

So here's something to try and see if at least you have what's needed:

Look in the folder C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\ for a file called Wave.dll . You shoudl also have this file in the folder C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Multiplayer\Input\ .

I don't know if it's significant, but mine has a datestamp of 15/01/2006 .

On the offchance that what you need is the MPEG Layer III codec, follow the link in my signature for that.

Or you might be able to fix things by reinstalling or updating Windows Media Player.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

65534 is waveformat extensible. R12 definately works with extensible (it is built around it), R11.5 should also work.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>