title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

slow encoding

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dree
    • Sep 2006

slow encoding

m4a to mp3, wma to mp3, mp3 to mp3 (all to 128kbps), whatever. my encoding speed was 10x, now it's arround 2.6x ... what's wrong? same computer, system, same installation... :~

sorry, bad english, but HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP ME :D
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: slow encoding

Check task manager and make sure nothing else is 100% your computer.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dree
      • Sep 2006

negative... it starts some days ago, a little time after i installed some codecs (wma, m4a). can have any relationship?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

It shouldn't. Your source files are on the same HDD as your output file is, right?

Are you using the same settings you used before you installed the other codecs? What if you test with a source file you encoded from before and see if it shows 10x or 2.6x.

Comment

• dree
          • Sep 2006

same configuration... 2.6

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Your hard drive may need to be defragmented. or maybe you are having very little space available.

You may have busted one of your memory sticks, though that usually gives some serious errors.

You may have installed new software, updated something like anti-virus, firewall. Something may be eating up your ram. Windows has had several updates of late.

Use Below Normal conversion prirority rather than Normal or Above Normal. it actually works faster.

Have you rebooted lately?

Comment

Working...

]]>