title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting while other programs are running

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sensi Dave
    • Sep 2006

Converting while other programs are running

Hi, I was just wondering if converting audio files w/dBpowerAMP while other programs are running could increase a risk of errors in the finished product? I don't mean the conversion not completing, it always does, I mean a possible risk of added clicks or degration somehow in the finished product. Seems like there probably wouldn't be but I had to ask as I usually convert my audio files to other formats while surfing the internet, downloading, multitasking, etc, w/a bunch of other programs running.

Also I was wondering the same for when I convert audio files such as flac or ape from a data disc to wavs on my harddrive (in order to burn them to audio cd-r) I'm wondering if converting the tracks from directly off the data disc to the hard drive is as error-proof (relating to the finished product) as converting tracks already on the hard drive
    Last edited by Sensi Dave; September 12, 2006, 09:53 AM.
  • Deano
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

Re: Converting while other programs are running

If other programs are running alongside dBpowerAMP, in theory the ripping process should not be affected as it is all digitally processed. I generally don't run other programs alongside it (in order to speed up the process), but when I have it has not caused me any issues.

Ripping from CDs will be "error-proof" as long as the CD itself does not have errors. Ripping from CDs is easy to verify the accuracy of the rip however, when you have the power of AccurateRip.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: Converting while other programs are running

The only reason you would get clicks or other errors in your files is if your computer is old (sub-500MHz or so) and can't handle it. In fact, as long as you are not doing anything overly stressful on your computer (transcoding video, a virus scan, playing a game, etc.) the conversion should not be affected.

And converting lossless files from a data CD is no different than converting them from the HDD as long as the CD itself is not damaged.

Comment

Working...

]]>